+44 (0) 207 842 1655
Tom is an associate in the civil litigation team with more than six years’ experience acting in a wide variety of commercial disputes. He specialises in complex, multi-jurisdictional fraud claims in the Commercial Court, which often involve asset freezing orders.
Tom is listed as a "stand-out associate" and one of Byrne and Partners' "key lawyers" in the Legal 500 rankings.
- Representing Teva Pharmaceuticals in its claims against two prominent ‘Rich List’ entrepreneurs for fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of multiple contractual warranties and fiduciary duties, in a case which involves various freezing orders and several sets of inter-related proceedings;
- Led the defence of Sir Alan Davies (one of the so-called ‘super head’ teachers) against multi-million-pound civil fraud allegations brought against him by Brent Council;
- Assisted in settling a US$30 million Commercial Court fraud dispute between investors in a failed oil and gas joint venture, in a case linked to civil and criminal proceedings in both Germany and Luxembourg;
- Acted for a Defendant in the high-profile trial of Otkritie v Urumov & Ors  EWHC 191 (Comm), which involved a sophisticated and high-value trading fraud and accusations of money laundering in multiple jurisdictions; and
- Assisted Yukos in obtaining an unprecedented €1.9 billion ECHR judgment against the Russian Federation for 'just satisfaction' in relation to the circumstances of the former oil giant's break-up and nationalisation.
Tom read Law at the University of Nottingham and graduated in 2007. He joined Byrne & Partners in September 2012 after completing his training at Edwards Wildman Palmer’s London office. Tom is a member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association.