0207 842 1657
Charlotte is a commercial litigator with a broad range of experience advising clients in high value, multi-jurisdictional disputes.
Charlotte has experience in Commercial Litigation before the English and DIFC Courts as well as a broad experience in arbitration before numerous international arbitration institutions. Charlotte has an in-depth knowledge of disputes in the GCC and wider Middle East, having spent two years living and working in Dubai. She has also acted for multiple CIS clients.
- Acting for trustees in a 7 jurisdiction trust dispute concerning $500m of trust assets;
- Acting for a defendant to a $300m claim (Tatneft –v- Bogolubov and others) in the Commercial Court in London;
- Representing clients before the DIFC Courts on various matters including challenging orders for recognition and enforcement of arbitration awards, obtaining anti-suit injunctions and on cases relating to sovereign immunity, conflict of laws and construction disputes;
- Acting on various construction and commercial arbitrations across the Middle East;
- Representing a defendant in a High Court claim under s.90 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000;
- Undertaking a six month in-house secondment with a global provider of electronic payment and transaction processing solutions;
- Assisting on a US$1 billion breach of warranty claim between CIS parties before the LCIA;
- Acting for a Part 20 Defendant in an antitrust follow on damages claim before the English High Court arising from an European Commission Decision;
- Assisting a number of international financial institutions in Europe and the Middle East in relation to multi-agency inquiries, including conducting internal investigations into alleged violations of US sanctions and reporting to the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the US Department of the Treasury and the US Department of Justice;
- Acting for athletes and a National Olympic Committee in disputes before the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
Charlotte studied Applied Economics at the University of St Andrews (MA Hons). She then completed her GDL and LPC (LLB) at the College of Law, London.
Charlotte qualified with Squire Patton Boggs LLP, London in 2012, joining Addleshaw Goddard in Dubai in 2016. Charlotte joined the Byrne and Partners team in June 2018.
Charlotte is a member of the ICC – Young Arbitrators Forum, Young International Arbitration Group and the Young Fraud Lawyers Association.