+44 (0) 207 842 1654
Alice is a commercial litigator with a wide range of experience in advising on commercial and private client disputes. Alice has particular expertise in advising on the misappropriation of assets; fraud; breach of contract; misrepresentation; resolving breaches of director’s fiduciary duties and shareholder disputes.
Alice advises clients in disputes that span a number of jurisdictions, including France, Switzerland, Hong Kong and Nigeria.
- Representing a global aviation company in numerous Chancery claims for breach of contract across multiple jurisdictions, ultimately obtaining successful judgment and substantial recovery;
- Acting for the estate of a deceased individual in English High Court claims for recovery of million pounds of misappropriated estate assets;
- Acting for a Jersey trust Claimant in relation to a substantial fraud concerning its purchase of property;
- Acting for the Claimant in Chancery proceedings against solicitors arising out of the court’s earlier findings of fraudulent misrepresentation and conspiracy;
- Assisting numerous clients to obtain injunctions, worldwide freezing and search orders for the preservation of assets prior to and post-judgment;
- Representing a Kazakhstan national in bringing an Option Protocol Complaint to the United Nations Human Rights Committee;
- Acting for an outgoing director and shareholder in a dispute between the shareholders over the division of the shares; assets and liabilities of the company.
Alice studied Law at University. She completed her LPC at the College of Law, London, whilst working for the corporate crime team of an international firm. She trained with, and went on to develop her practice at a boutique litigation firm in Mayfair before joining Byrne and Partners in November 2017.
Alice is an Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.